Support for members offering pet cremation...
The market for memorialization for pets is one of the fastest growing deathcare markets in the United States and Canada. Many CANA members either have, or are considering expanding into, pet cremation aspects to their business. In recognition of the trend and our member's interest, CANA is undertaking a number of initiatives to provide information and support to those currently in or considering pet cremation.
CANA is working both directly and in conjunction with other industry organizations, including establishing the Pet Cremation Council with the International Association of Pet Cemeteries and Crematories (IAOPCC). We have developed, with IAOPCC, draft guidelines for pet cremation, which also establishes definitions, and are developing educational offerings, etc. We also look to our members to provide both questions and information for inclusion in the Pet Cremation Resource Center within the CANA website. If you have suggestions, please email us.
Some materials are already available, as follows:
- New draft Guidelines for Pet Cremation developed with IAOPCC
- Members can submit comments.
- We plan to issue "advisories" to members...so please check back frequently.
- Bill McQueen's presentation on adding pet cremation to a funeral service business from the 2009 Convention in Denver, CO can be found in the Online Education Repository section.
- Other materials will be added to the website as they are developed.