Whether at the time of death or in advance, you have many options when arranging for cremation.
Here are some guidelines to help organize your decision-making:
Decision One: What kind of cremation services do I want?
- Cremation with a ceremony/service before or afterward
- Cremation with viewing/identification
- DIY – direct cremation with no additional services
Decision Two: Planning and Payment
- Pre-arrange and pre-fund with a provider
- Pre-arrange and tell loved ones
- Do nothing now
Decision Three: Choosing your provider
- What type of provider do I need?
- What firm should I choose?